(National Internal Revenue Code)
SEC. 247. General Provisions. -
(a) The additions to the tax or deficiency tax prescribed in this Chapter shall apply to all taxes, fees and charges imposed in this Code. The Amount so added to the tax shall be collected at the same time, in the same manner and as part of the tax.
(b) If the withholding agent is the Government or any of its agencies, political subdivisions or instrumentalities, or a government-owned or controlled corporation, the employee thereof responsible for the withholding and remittance of the tax shall be personally liable for the additions to the tax prescribed herein.
(c) the term 'person',
as used in this Chapter, includes an officer or employee of a corporation
who as such officer, employee or member is under a duty to perform the
act in respect of which the violation occurs.
SEC. 248. - Civil Penalties. -
(A) There shall be imposed, in addition to the tax required to be paid, a penalty equivalent to twenty-five percent (25%) of the amount due, in the following cases:
(2) Unless otherwise authorized by the Commissioner, filing a return with an internal revenue officer other than those with whom the return is required to be filed; or
(3) Failure to pay the deficiency tax within the time prescribed for its payment in the notice of assessment; or
(4) Failure to pay the full or part of the amount of tax shown on any return required to be filed under the provisions of this Code or rules and regulations, or the full amount of tax due for which no return is required to be filed, on or before the date prescribed for its payment.
SEC. 249. Interest. -
(A) In General. - There shall be assessed and collected on any unpaid amount of tax, interest at the rate of twenty percent (20%) per annum, or such higher rate as may be prescribed by rules and regulations, from the date prescribed for payment until the amount is fully paid.
(B) Deficiency Interest. - Any deficiency in the tax due, as the term is defined in this Code, shall be subject to the interest prescribed in Subsection (A) hereof, which interest shall be assessed and collected from the date prescribed for its payment until the full payment thereof.
(C) Delinquency Interest. - In case of failure to pay:
(2) The amount of the tax due for which no return is required, or
(3) A deficiency tax, or any surcharge or interest thereon on the due date appearing in the notice and demand of the Commissioner, there shall be assessed and collected on the unpaid amount, interest at the rate prescribed in Subsection (A) hereof until the amount is fully paid, which interest shall form part of the tax.
SEC. 250. Failure to File
Certain Information Returns. - In the case of each failure to file
an information return, statement or list, or keep any record, or supply
any information required by this Code or by the Commissioner on the date
prescribed therefor, unless it is shown that such failure is due to reasonable
cause and not to willful neglect, there shall, upon notice and demand
by the Commisssioner, be paid by the person failing to file, keep or supply
the same, One thousand pesos (1,000) for each failure: Provided, however,
That the aggregate amount to be imposed for all such failures during a
calendar year shall not exceed Twenty-five thousand pesos (P25,000).
SEC. 251. Failure of a
Withholding Agent to Collect and Remit Tax. - Any person required
to withhold, account for, and remit any tax imposed by this Code or who
willfully fails to withhold such tax, or account for and remit such tax,
or aids or abets in any manner to evade any such tax or the payment thereof,
shall, in addition to other penalties provided for under this Chapter,
be liable upon conviction to a penalty equal to the total amount of the
tax not withheld, or not accounted for and remitted.
SEC. 252. Failure of a Withholding Agent to refund Excess Withholding Tax. - Any employer/withholding agent who fails or refuses to refund excess withholding tax shall, in addition to the penalties provided in this Title, be liable to a penalty to the total amount of refunds which was not refunded to the employee resulting from any excess of the amount withheld over the tax actually due on their return.